[MPlayer-users] dvd playback and css

Marcin Cylke marcin_cylke at o2.pl
Tue Dec 3 23:26:05 CET 2002

Hello
I just don't understand the whole thing. I am getting the same error, as
I mentioned in my previous posts. There is no difference whether I use
dvdcss lib or the standard one, libmpdvdkit. I'm still getting :

*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:625
    for pgc->zero_1 = 0x0002
*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:638
    for pgc->still_time = 0x01
*** Zero check fialed in ifo_read.c:639
    for pgc->pg_playback_mode = 0xb6

at the begining. Then comes a lot of errors like this one:

Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read
DOCS/cd-dvd.html.

Yes, I can read, but as I said above, installing libdvdcss doesn't have
any effect.

What can cause this?
I didn't have such problems before. I found via google that the "zero
check failed" errors are connected with errors in libdvdread, but I
don't have this lib installed. Besides, libmpdvdkit consists of that
pacgage with some fixes. So it should work. More -> it worked before,
but stopped working now.

How to deal with this?

Should I consider this as a bug? What to do with this?

Bye
Marcin Cylke