[MPlayer-users] new codec? or renamed one?

Damian Gatabria Damian_g at speedy.com.ar
Tue Dec 3 02:42:02 CET 2002

El Mar 03 Dic 2002 00:49, D Richard Felker III escribió:

> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:19:37AM +0000, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> > Don't worry.. this was a "real" birthday greeting. It was made by my
> > sister with her webcam. Apparently the program she used (WMP?)
> > encoded the AVI right into an .exe (some kind of DRM, perhaps?)
>
> Well I'd still be cautious. Someone who thinks it's ok to send around
> birthday greetings as .exe files probably has lots of virii on their
> system already...
>
> Rich

If you are trying to say my sister has absolutely no clue
about computers and can be social-engineered
to open/send any kind of file without even thinking
twice..... you are damn right. she wouldn't be able to
find a virus if it were biting her. :oP

Well, she probably doesn't even see file extensions
from windoze explorer, let alone knowing what ".exe"
means ;oP

She's actually a remarkably intelligent person, in some
aspects more than me. But she went off to live alone
not too long ago, and it's been her first time having to
administer her own computer (i used to handle that for
everyone in my family)-- and she just couldn't care
less about it.

You know, the average Windoze user.

Enough OT. And thanks for your help with the codecs.conf.

Damian