[MPlayer-users] audio extract question

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Mon Dec 2 22:30:13 CET 2002

I have an mpg file my friend gave me because she wants the audio track taken
from it and burned to an audio cd. I've been trying to get mencoder/mplayer
to extract it and then convert it to mp3 or wav so i can burn it to audio cd.
So far I have tried -ao pcm and -audiodump and can get a output file that
mplayer can play, but I've been unsuccessful in converting it into a wav or
mp3 file. is there a way I can extract and encode to mp3 or wave directly?

--
Steven Adeff
ADEFFS at RPI.EDU