[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding quality advices

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Dec 1 18:57:09 CET 2002

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 06:11:44PM +0100, Thilo Schulz wrote:
> On Sunday 01 December 2002 17:50, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
> > So this people should use windows! If mplayer does not have this feature
> > it's fine: developers won't be disturbed by questions and feature requests
> > from stupid people. Instead these people will use braindead softwares,
> > smart people use smart softwares and I think this is the right way ...
>
> What bad does it do, if mplayer has this feature? I mean for you guys who know
> what's what the whole command line will stay that way- but this user merely
> asked for some possibility to make the whole process a _bit_ easier!
> I know, there probably are solutions for these people, but why do you tell
> this guy then he should use Windows instead of trying these existing
> solutions??

Yeah, but it needs developer time to CREATE it and to MAINTAIN it (since mplayer
internals changes very fast). A tipical mplayer developer is (imho :) not that
'one button' or windows fun, so please get a developer who wants to do this.
Simply developers does not have time and notion for this ...

> You are comparing apples with eggs. While on mplayer some nice presets etc
> would not change anything how you would encode movies, redhat has a gui that
> the redhat people think is so superior they do not pay any attention anymore
> on how to make the system a good one for adminstrators that choose to only
> use a command line.
> That's why I personally prefer Debian =).

ACK :)

> > Maybe my mail seems to be a bit agressive, sorry but I'm very angry with
> > this whole issue ...
>
> Don't worry. This list is also for discussion, not for Teletubbie sunshine
> people.

:)

- Gábor (larta'H)