[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding quality advices

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sun Dec 1 18:57:02 CET 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 18:10, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
> 2) I'm really annoyed by people who openly refuse to at least try to
> understand what's going on. They just want a "one button" solution
> without trying a single second to search and do a small bit of
> homework. I won't wrote anything for these people.
> If they want everything pre-cooked, let's them use windows. Point. (*)

No, I am not of this type. I am also an active participant in the opensource
community, and have written my share of tutorials, on various topics.

> So you have at least some knowledge on this topic. And you ask US to
> write something. WHY DON'T YOU WRITE THIS HOWTO YOURSELF ? You don't
> want ? How selfish you are ... You see ?

Some? hahaha .. My videos are still encoded in a way most of the pro guys here
would shake their heads at. Guess why I would like to have such a tutorial in
my hands? If someone really would take his time to write a good one, where
you were able to get really good results instead of where you have to look
for everything in a ceaseless search you would not have all the newbies
crying for help here and posting all the same questions on this list again
and again. Well, you will probably still get some of these people, but you
could then point them to a good manual instead of telling them to go back to
windows!

> (*) Oh, btw, did you notice that to do a good DVD rip on windows you
> need at the very least more softwares than I could count on my two
> hands ?

No, I do not use windows.

--
 - Thilo Schulz