[MPlayer-users] strange movie file question

S.D.Byers byers at research.att.com
Fri Aug 30 17:17:02 CEST 2002

I am new to the list but not especially new to mplayer.

I have file called YATTA.mpeg, it is a ripped cheesy japanese pop video.
I get bad video play followed by a segfault in mplayer under my current
set up, and I only get it with this one file. My mac running OS X.2 also
cannot play this file with QT.

The reason I am not submitting a full bug report is that is is pretty
evident that this file is corrupted in some way. The twist is that certain
win2k installs and wmp will play this file correctly with no detectable
video or audio errors.

Hence, what is wmp doing that is special and is that a feature or a bug?
More to the point does anybody want:

a) the video file (95M in size but I can ftp it)

b) a full bug report from my machine

Here is a just the last 3 lines of some notes for flavour:

@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@ 4%  4%  1.6% 0 0 0%
A:   6.1 V:   5.6 A-V:  0.466 ct:  0.358  158/158   4%  5%  1.5% 0 0 0%

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: video_read_frame
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.

Thanks,
	Simon Byers