[MPlayer-users] audio extraction

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Aug 29 19:27:02 CEST 2002

audio extraction:

you have 2 ways:

1. mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myfile.mp3 my.avi

this will dump the audio... the audio will be in the same format as it
was inside the avi ( usually mp3... but can be of course wma or pcm....
whatever it was inside )

2. mplayer -ao pcm -aofile myfile.wav my.avi...

this will dump the audio into a wav file...
for faster dumping use this (optimized:-) version ( no video output):

mplayer -ao pcm -aofile myfile.wav -vc null -vo null my.avi

bye,
gabor