[MPlayer-users] Blinking video with mencoder ...

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Aug 29 03:41:11 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> probably interlaced video...
> 3-pass won't work trhen
> search the archive.

I encoded that movie a while ago, and it wasn't interlaced (this was
Region 1; I don't know if that matters).

To the original poster:
If you want more help, you're going to have to give us some more
information. Most importantly, post the output of
mencoder -v -whatever_other_options_you_use_to_encode. You don't need to
let that run all the way through - all the text it spits out at the
beginning is the important part. Also, it might be helpful if you upload
the beginning of the original .vob file and the resultant .avi file. A
few MB should be sufficient - just enough to reproduce the problem.

Hey, why am I telling you all this? You should just read
DOCS/bugreports.html, like it says at the top of every message. Go
ahead... it doesn't say anything scandalous! :>)