[MPlayer-users] Reverting to TITLE_KEY
arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 28 09:31:01 CEST 2002
> Is there a way to force TITLE_KEY decryption (as opposed to TITLE_KEY
> cracking) on DVD?
* \li \b DVDCSS_METHOD: sets the authentication and decryption method
* that \e libdvdcss will use to read scrambled discs. Can be one
* of \c title, \c key or \c disc.
* - \c key is the default method. \e libdvdcss will use a set of
* calculated player keys to try and get the disc key. This can fail
* if the drive does not recognize any of the player keys.
* - \c disc is a fallback method when \c key has failed. Instead of
* using player keys, \e libdvdcss will crack the disc key using
* a brute force algorithm. This process is CPU intensive and requires
* 64 MB of memory to store temporary data.
* - \c title is the fallback when all other methods have failed. It
* not rely on a key exchange with the DVD drive, but rather uses a
* crypto attack to guess the title key. On rare cases this may fail
* because there is not enough encrypted data on the disc to perform
* a statistical attack, but in the other hand it is the only way to
* decrypt a DVD stored on a hard disc, or a DVD with the wrong region
* on an RPC2 drive.
anyway titlekey _decrypting_ is the default of libmpdvdkit2
(if the region code of disc+drive match, otherwise it's not possible)
A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu
More information about the MPlayer-users