[MPlayer-users] Creating AVI files.

Joe Black joe at gateway.fasti.net
Tue Aug 27 20:11:02 CEST 2002

I am trying to create RGB avi files for converting to YV12 then into
divx/mpeg4
format.

The object of this is to take a dvd into a streamable format in a fully
automated fashion.I use mpeg4ip along with it's tools to create the
mpeg4 hinted file. To work with this package I need to take a VOB file
down to 320x240 with YV12 as the codec.

The command line I use is "mencoder 1_1.vob -cache 50000 -o title2.avi
-oac pcm
 -ovc rawrgb -vop scale=320:240"

I can convert RGB to YUV but I am not sure if YUV is the same as YV12
and how to get mencoder to output to YV12 instead of BGR 24-bit
"SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from Planar YV12 to BGR 24-bit using MMX2"
That would be amazing but I will setting for just plain RGB.

Thanks,
Joe