[MPlayer-users] Audio Packet problem

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Aug 27 09:55:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:06:46PM +1200, Matt Whimp & Sarah Kemp wrote:
> I've tried -aid 128 and -aid 129, with no success.  Here is the output
> using the -v option:
>
> ->: mplayer -v -delay -0.2 -dvdauth /dev/dvd vts_02_1.vob

WHY???? You're using the 'old style DVD playing'. You should use the 'new
style' instead of, which does not require to even mount and know filename of
VOB files of the disk ... Please read man pages and documentation!

BTW, do you really need the 'delay' switch?

> DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 8257536 bytes) audio packets in the buffer!
> (maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)?
> For .AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with option -ni
> ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)

Maybe that VOB you tried to play is not a 'general' VOB stream but it's a part
of menu or something similar. Please try to use the 'new style DVD playing',
which helps you avoid knowing VOB filenames and such.

- Gábor (larta'H)