[MPlayer-users] playing asf files from nfl.com

Ian Truelsen ian at ihtruelsen.2y.net
Sun Aug 25 20:40:02 CEST 2002

I am trying to access the internet audio from nfl.com, but I can't seem
to get it to work. This is the url that I am getting from the site:

http://webevents.yahoo.com/streamlaunch/launch.asp?ei=2666&sgid=15093

When I try to load it, the message says that it is of video/x-ms-asf
format and so I select mplayer to play it. This is from Galeon. Mplayer will then load with the message that the file or format is not recognized/supported. If this is an avi, mpg or asf file, please contact the author.

So, I tried it from a terminal. This is the output, what there is of it:

MPlayer 0.90pre6-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx

vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 16 and 16 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
Reading /home/ian/.mplayer/codecs.conf: this codecs.conf is too old, incompatible with this mplayer release! at line 13
Reading /usr/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 38 audio & 104 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/ian/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Linux RTC init error: No such file or directory
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/ian/.mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Can't open input config file /usr/share/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config
[cfg] read config file: /home/ian/.mplayer/gui.conf
SKIN dir 1: '/home/ian/.mplayer/Skin'
SKIN dir 2: '/usr/share/mplayer/Skin'
Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)

And then it just sits there. I have to close the term to stop mplayer at this point.

I am currently running Linux 2.4.18 with latency and preempt patches and gcc 2.95.3.

Does anyone know how to access these radio links?

--
Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
Email: ian at ihtruelsen.2y.net