[MPlayer-users] Re: annoying behavior of tdfxfb

Marcin Cylke marcin_cylke at o2.pl
Fri Aug 23 21:32:01 CEST 2002

Hi

> This has been discussed several times, you are absolutely right, the
> messages are annoying, but that is what fullscreen mode is for..

Well. Quite ironicly written. But still I think we can't understand
eachother. It may be because of my not mentioning such stuff. I execute
mplayer with:

$ mplayer -vo tdfxfb -fs -dr -vop yuy2 file.avi

The thing that matters is "-fs" of course. I know that while ran without
-fs there should be text output visible. But I performed the tests on the
newest version with the same execution line. Thus -fs enabled. And despite
of that I see all the messages generated by mplayer.

> vo mga does not blank the screen in fullscreen mode..  Can I bribe
> somebody into implementing this? ;-)

So you know what I'm talking about.

> That's only the first half.

Ok, I might have missed some strange error streams - what is the addition
to what I have written?

> That frame remaining on the screen might indeed be considered a bug.

So? Developers? Should I fill the bugreport?

The text (mplayer's messages) doesn't interfere with image.

> Use 'setterm -cursor off', best put it in a script together with mplayer
> &> /dev/null or something.

It's a kind of solution, but does not cause the execution line to
disappear from screen - only the cursor isn't blinking

Bye

--
Marcin Cylke
Jawa 250 z 1959