[MPlayer-users] Splitting Vobsub subtitle file

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 23 21:00:02 CEST 2002

Hi !!!

I don't know if you recived this mail because I don't belong to de ML
(but I read it usually)

The last version of subrip
(the home page is http://subtitleripper.sourceforge.net ; also, you
can find it in transcode sources under contrib/subrip)
can create and split vobsub subtitles. I don't try it yet (my home box
crash
before I can encode the whole movie) but looks fine.

I quote from the README.vobsub

 subtitle2vobsub comes with the -e option allowing
you to extract only parts of the original subtitle
stream. Let's assume you have two CD rip of your
DVD. The first CD runs from 0:00:00 to 0:45:00
and the second CD from 0:45:00 to 1:30:00.

You can now extract the subtitles for each CD
by

subtitle2vobsub -e 0,2700,0 -i vts_01_0.ifo -p mysub.ps1 -o movie_name_cd1
subtitle2vobsub -e 2700,5400,0 -i vts_01_0.ifo -p mysub.ps1 -o
movie_name_cd2

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html