[MPlayer-users] Re: annoying behavior of tdfxfb

Marcin Cylke marcin_cylke at o2.pl
Fri Aug 23 12:28:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:54:07 +0200 (CEST)
mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:

> yes that idiotic shit prints some messages. so bad. delete it.

I see you don't understand. Messages printed by mplayer are very useful
thing, but very annoying when appearing while watching a film. It seems
obvious to me.

> mplayer ... &> /dev/null

Not what I wanted to achieve. I did the same by myself by typing:
$ mplayer ... >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

It's the same thing.
But it doesn't help. Yes it cause mplayer to throw all the messages to
/dev/null, but there is still blinking cursor and the execution command.
If I run mplayer on a console with lots of text, it doesn't disappear and
thus the effect is still not good.

I know it was working. I'm using a pre 0.90 verision - from CVS of that
time and it works great. The messages are not vivsible with option -fs
enabled and the image goes away when I exit mplayer - with current cvs the
last frame remains on screen.

> is it really so hard to find out?
> anyway i remember seeing it somewhere in teh docs or faq too

Anyway you could look into problem more carefully, becaue you don't have
right.
... and I read TFM...

Bye
--