[MPlayer-users] compilation time

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 23 08:06:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > just checked, i have no win32 dlls on teh notebook so the whole loader/dshow
> > code was disabled. it probably save big amount of time...
>
> without gui, without win32-dll it saves me ~ 1 minute, so it takes about
> 4min.
> but i compiled it with gcc-3.2, is it matter?
yes
gcc 3 is much slower than 2.95. results few % faster binary in 1.5 times
longer comp. time...
also the target cpu may matter...

> with this:
> ./configure --cc=gcc-3.2 --disable-win32 --disable-xanim --disable-real
> --disable-mencoder --disable-libfame --disable-png --disable-jpeg
> --disable-vesa
>
> it compiles now in 3 minutes, but it is still a lot. how can i save more
> time?

replace -O4 by -O2, it makes around 3 times faster compile but slower result
:) but with so many --disable it's already unusable so it doesn't matter :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team