[MPlayer-users] multiple viewing windows?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 22 00:24:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

you can run many mplayer processes... they will be independent
but don't forget that several vo drivers are exclusive, so yo ucannot run
more than one mplayer using xv or dga, excpet if you rcard supports it or
you have multiple cards :)

mtv always used x11 images, so equevalent to mplayer's -vo x11

> Hello,
>  I just started using mplayer --- great program.
>
> Is it possible to run multiple instances of mplayer? I want to look at
> two or more different video files at the same time.  For instance, the
> old mtv could do this.  One just ran multiple mtv processes.
>
>  If this can't be done now, how hard would it be to implement it in a
>  future release?
>
> -TIA,
>  -sen

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team