[MPlayer-users] .OGG (.ogm) subtitles suport

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Aug 21 12:01:05 CEST 2002

On 02.08.21 Piotr Krukowiecki pressed the following keys:

> If anyone wonders what needs to be fixed here's the list:
> - tags are not supported and not correctly deleted

I'm confused. What are ``tags'' in OGM subtitles?

> - i have a movie in which text do not disappear after some time (so if
>   it displays 'blah' and there is not more subs in the movie, 'blah' will
>   be displayed till the end of movie).

File is badly mastered: subtitles have startpos, but do not
have end pos. It's fault of subtitle stream, mplayer just does what it's
told to do.

> - probably connected with the previous: there seems to be some
>   additional information connected with subs. For example, i have movie
>   in which from the beggining of the movie till first 'normal' sub text
>   there is "rbis" text displayed. In other movie at the end text like
>              659
>   00:45:06.943 -- 00.45.07.009
>   is displayed. I don't think it's really put there to be displayed, but
>   i could ask someone with windows to check it.

This is broken subtitle stream in the movie, from what it looks like.
The second case clearly shows that there was subtitle:

659
00:45:06.943 -- 00.45.07.009
[continues with something]

whereas it should be

659
00:45:06.943 --> 00:45:07.009
[continues...]

Parser (whether it was Ogg Parser direct show filter that created the
movie, or ogmmux) found broken subtitle header and parsed it according
to its knowledge.

> - in one of those movies *very* often two near words are displayed
>   together (for example 'cometo' instead of 'come to'). Maybe because
>   of not perfect tags removal

This is certainly error in subtitles after OCR from DVD. I have lot's of
them in my subtitles files.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35