[MPlayer-users] .OGG (.ogm) subtitles suport

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at pingu.ii.uj.edu.pl
Wed Aug 21 01:30:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:00:06AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to Chris Forno <jcore at m-net.arbornet.org> you can se ethe ogg
> subtitle snow, with -v it list the available sub tracks, so you can specify
> -sid <tracknumber>

For the other things i can talk with jcore, but subs support depends on
SUB_MAX_TEXT, which defines max number of text lines, and is currently
set to 5. It needs to be higher (i have file that has at least 6 lines
of subs in some cases) or subs support should be reworked to not use it.

If anyone wonders what needs to be fixed here's the list:
- tags are not supported and not correctly deleted
- i have a movie in which text do not disappear after some time (so if
  it displays 'blah' and there is not more subs in the movie, 'blah' will
  be displayed till the end of movie).
- probably connected with the previous: there seems to be some
  additional information connected with subs. For example, i have movie
  in which from the beggining of the movie till first 'normal' sub text
  there is "rbis" text displayed. In other movie at the end text like
             659
  00:45:06.943 -- 00.45.07.009
  is displayed. I don't think it's really put there to be displayed, but
  i could ask someone with windows to check it.
- in one of those movies *very* often two near words are displayed
  together (for example 'cometo' instead of 'come to'). Maybe because
  of not perfect tags removal

--
Piotrek  (@ ~)
Mors Drosophilis melanogastribus!