[MPlayer-users] subtitles

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 20 23:48:01 CEST 2002

Gotcha! ;) Not a word about it in these files in my compilation.

And man pages are the same for mencoder and mplayer.

Anyway, no word "vobsubout" anywhere.

I have MPlayer-0.90pre5, do I need a newer one? In news about pre6 I read:

* Support to rip DVD subs in VobSub format, bugfixes of mpsub/srt converter

Is it what I miss in pre5?

Thanks for feedback, I see I will get there soon...

bye
Domi

Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:

>Look closer, it's in DOCS/documentation.html and DOCS/encoding.html.
>You should use mencoder and -vobsubout, not mplayer.  To play the
>subtitle you use the -vobsub & -vobsubid options.  I don't know about
>transcode.
>
>Kim Minh.

Dominik Szczerba, Dr.
NFS CO-ME, D-ITET, ETZ F85