[MPlayer-users] Vobsub subtitles position

Øyvind Stegard oyvind.stegard at bluezone.no
Tue Aug 20 22:09:11 CEST 2002

Hi,
Simple question: Is it not possible to adjust the position of VobSub
subtitles ? The -subpos parameter has no effect and I cannot change the
position with keyboard shortcuts either (while playing). I would like
the subtitles to appear on the lower black bar on letterboxed/cropped
AVI's rather than over the movie image.

Also, why the need for the DVD .ifo file ? What does it do, really ? I
thought the .idx and .sub files would be enough.
--
Øyvind S.

PS. Concerning the memleak issue, is it only current CVS or does it
apply to all mplayer versions prior to CVS too ? I haven't noticed any
of those problems. (Mandrake/linux-2.4.19/mplayer0.90pre6-3.1)