[MPlayer-users] miss VCD support?

Maurizio Lemmo - Tannoiser tann at libero.it
Tue Aug 20 19:22:01 CEST 2002

Hello guys.

i've a strange trouble, maybe a silly thing but i can't resolve.

i've mplayer binary from freshrpms (rh 7.3)

[mizio at child mizio]$ rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-0.90pre6-fr2

with is codecs (downloaded from the mplayer site), and all is good
execpt for VCD.

when i try to play a VCD, mplayer say me this:

[mizio at child mizio]$ mplayer -v -vcd 1
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90pre6-2.96 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6,
Stepping: 3)
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get
best performance, recompile mplayer from sources with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection
VCD support is NOT available on this system!

i'm quite sure to have all the required library:

i've libdvdread, libdvdcss etc.

i've search in this ml archive, but seems nobody have my problem.

i've also tested from root, so i esclude a privilege trouble.

maybe someone has any hints?

Forgive my poor english.
--
                          Maurizio - Tannoiser - Lemmo