[MPlayer-users] Re: memleak in cvs

Ross Lippert ripper at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 20 03:29:01 CEST 2002

Up until my most recent CVS checkout a couple weeks ago, I was using
mplayer as a screensaver (I kind of thought it was cool to play something
on infinite repeat when idle -- so I'm weird).

But recently I have noticed that if I leave it idle all day, then all
sorts of 'no swap left' messages start to appear on the console.  I have
since discontinued this practise.

I'm playing mpeg2's.  Nothing fancy there.

Anyhow, I just want to put in my $.02 and suggest that yeah there is a leak
and you can easily demonstrate it by doing something like

mplayer *.mpg

in a file full of a few hours of mpg.

If no one has fixed this recently, I can certainly run it again as my
screensaver and take detailed readings.

-r