[MPlayer-users] memleak in cvs

Ed Sweetman safemode at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 20 00:36:01 CEST 2002

I'm not a list member so cc me.

I've been seeing memory usage patterns consistant with the kind of
behavior you'd see if the player never freed the data it reads after
decoding.  For instance, decoding a 58MB file results in memory usage
that goes up until ~58MB is in use when the file is finished. A tiny
portion of this memory, 5MB of so is freed when the player stops.  When
playing another movie, it adds onto the previous mem usage. This
behavior goes on until all memory is consumed.

I'm decoding divx5 using the divx5linux lib but it doesn't seem to make
a difference what i'm decoding.

Just thought i'd give a heads up and if any configure output and such
will be needed i can provide them.  I'm pretty sure this problem is in
the file loading / buffer pool code.  hah.  can tell that i'm not
familiar with mplayer code.