[MPlayer-users] is WMV8 still broken with gcc 3.2?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 19 00:35:11 CEST 2002

Hi,

>  > > since gcc 3.1, mplayer has failed to play wmv8 files.  Earlier, this was
>  > > blamed on 3.1 being buggy/unsupported.  However, I still get this problem
>  > > even after recompiling with gcc 3.2.  Does anyone else have this problem?
>  > > Does anyone else have it working with gcc 3.2?  Is this a known bug?
>  >
>  > I do the Mandrake packages of MPlayer and I stubled across this
>  > problem, so it's known. Adding -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer to the
>  > CFLAGS in the loader dir fixes this.
>
> IIRC this was recently added to CVS, but you should doublecheck to be
> sure.  Otherwise you should discuss this on mplayer-dev-eng.

no it wasn't commited yet, as i was waiting for response on these:
- does it work with older gcc versions too, or we need to check version
- is it enough to add to loader's cflags or need to config.mak

sorry, i'm on holiday for a few days now, so don't expect any commits from
me. i'm reading mail sometimes and has plans to test some interesting
buggy files from mphq incoming, and try to fix them.
as soon as i come back (probably wednesday) i'll commit pending patches
and release pre7.

ps: i know the Date: of my mails are bad, i cannot fix it. live with it or
don't read them, but don't bother telling it to me, it was done hundred
times. i'm posting from my notebook via an unrealiable 14kbit gsm link
tunneled to mphq with some sendmail hacks, i know it's bad but i cannot
fix it from here. the Date: is ok in copyself folder, so it is somehow
destroyed by sendmail in the path.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team