[MPlayer-users] xvid bug in 0.90pre6 mencoder

Scott G. Miller scgmille at freenetproject.org
Thu Aug 15 23:11:02 CEST 2002

> seems to be incompatibility between mencoder and xvid lib...
> so mencoder receives bad nonsense values from xvid lib instead of frame
> statistics :(

> you should read bugreports.html

> > Is xvid still supported? It's faster and I prefer the quality, and I
> > especially prefer having the source, so that I know I will always be able

> it should work, anyway we're all using libavcodec as it beats xvid in b
> quality and speed...

The codec bigotry here is superb.  That aside...  To use xvid
in divx4 compatibility mode, you need to copy the divx4.h file from the
XviD snapshot over the encore2.h file that came with opendivx, as its
slightly different.

You may also want to modify the contents of divx4.c in the source
dist if you want to do interlaced encoding, or to take advantage
of some of the new xvid features.  Head over to the xvid forums and
search for mplayer to learn more.

	Scott