[MPlayer-users] .OGG (.ogm) subtitles suport

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Aug 15 09:03:09 CEST 2002

Hi.

> maybe we could implement -slang too, later
> (afaik .ogm has language->track mapping table somewhere just like DVD)

I'm currently implementing subtitle support for ogmmerge and yes, OGM
might contain such a mapping - but not as a table. Each stream in an OGG
(OGM, whatever) has a mandatory comment packet (vorbis_comment). So for
each subtitle stream one can add e.g. 'LANGUAGE=German' as a comment.
That's what OggMux for Windows does, and that's what ogmmerge will do,
too. Unfortunately unlike the header pages that are definitely the very
first pages in an OGG file the comment packets do not necessarily are
at the very beginning - they might be some packets into the stream.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)