[MPlayer-users] Some misc patches to fix compile/install issues in general

Martin Schlemmer azarah at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 14 01:17:05 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 00:25, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:

> Patches should be sent to mplayer-dev-eng list. Are they done against
> latest CVS? If not, please redo and send to developers' list.

Ok, thanks.  Yes, they do.

> BTW: IIRC Gentoo uses RPM packages as well, doesn't it?

Nope.  We have our own type of binary packages (basically .tar.bz2 with
metadata), but its from source 99% of the time, especially more so as
the users gets a bit more experienced.

Basically based on the fbsd ports idea (packages system which uses
build scripts to download, compile and install everything).

--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer