[MPlayer-users] I still can't get it right!

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Wed Aug 14 00:13:02 CEST 2002

As a followup to a previous post I made to this list, my enduring saga with
trying to get a viable VCD continues....

So, I have this avi file that's encoded in some unreal 12.98 fps (I don't know
how or why anyone would do this)....

So, first I am kicking it up to a decent framerate with the following:

mencoder -cache 16000 -ovc divx4 -divx4opts br=16000:q=5 -oac pcm -ofps 24 -o
foo.avi foo.avi

This goes through without a hitch.  I get a perfectly playable  avi output
file.

Ok, so now I convert this to MPEG format using the mencvcd script -

mencvcd foo -noburn -mpgonly -vnorm n foo.avi

This yields foo.mpg, and this is where the fun begins...

The foo.mpg file is playable, but the video races along like it is stuck on
fast forward while the audio plays at a normal rate, so needless to say a/v
is blown away right from the beginning.

I'm sorry to keep bugging you guys with this, but this seems to be the only
place where anyone even has the beginnings of a clue.  Any ideas?

Again, thanks in advance!

BTW, where can I donate to the mplayer project? A program this good deserves
all the support it can get since IMHO mplayer is the ONLY decent media player
available for Linux.

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered strange at
first."