[MPlayer-users] with video card choose

Dominique Rousseau domi at lee-loo.net
Tue Aug 13 17:23:02 CEST 2002

Le Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:34:03PM +0200, israel fenor [israel at cercleweb.com] a écrit:
> Hi to all!!
>
> I'm going to buy a new video card to a multimedia linux box.
> I'm interested to know wich video cards work fine with linux and mplayer
> to get:
> divx, dvd play with tv-out..

I've got an ATI rage with tv-out working wonderfully for exactly this
type of use :)
A very good deal for a 30Euros card ;)
I think it's an Rage LT or something like that.

I have it working with kernel's VESA mode switch at boot and then use
-vo fbdev:vidix
The only limitation I've got is the CPU which is only 400MHz for this
box.

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau <d.rousseau at nnx.com>