[MPlayer-users] mf encoding

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 13 16:33:02 CEST 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 10:05:26PM +0200, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> I tried to encode from mf ... and failed. My system:
>
> Linux 2.4.18, Debian/sid, libjpeg62 6b-6, gcc 3.1.1,
> ld/as 2.12.90.0.15, libc 2.2.5, mplayer cvs
>
> The 50 jpg files are (1024x768 24bit JTIF).
>
> Playback worked, but I always got a grey frame at beginning:
>     mplayer \*.jpg -mf on
>
> Encoding with -ovc copy worked but still contained the grey
> frame at beginning and it was still 1 fps of course :( :
>     mencoder \*.jpg -mf on -ovc copy -o m_ijpg.avi
>
> After this I tried to encode from m_ijpg.avi (from jpg files too).
>
> mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 m_ijpg.avi -o m_lavc.avi
>
> m_ijpg.avi is in the incoming directory.
> I hope I didn't forget anything, otherwise tell me.

Just found out sthg:

Encoding worked with vop scale (mencoder \*.jpg -mf on -ovc
divx4 -vop scale), same for -ovc lavc. Ohh, and it's without
grey frames at beginng now. :))

Does this have to be this way or not? IMHO it should be
autodetected and not produce segfaults. The bugreport for lavc
can be found in the previous mail, if sthg else is needed, just
tell me...

But maybe it can, like everything else, be found somewhere in
TFM...

Regards
    Jonas