[MPlayer-users] screen filled with junk

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 15:57:02 CEST 2002

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > > Why not keep printing a single line whith \r to overwrite it?
> > It does. Your terminal is probably not wide enough so it scrolls to the
> > next line.
> Thanks for trying but no:
>
> - the terminal is 80 and the status line fits in,
> - initially the status line dosen't scroll,
>
> I found that the status line starts scrolling the moment I press "f" to
> go fullscreen (-vo xv) or that any other message is printed by mplayer
> (e.g: system too slow), after that the status message keeps scrolling ad
> infinitum.

Try making the terminal a couple of characters wider anyway.  See if it
still starts scrolling at the same point.  I used to have a situation
where once I'd gone past 10 (or sometimes 100 or 1000) seconds the
status line became too wide for my terminal.

Glyn

--
You know I will obey
So please don't make me beg