[MPlayer-users] Riva TNT2

Joseph Wright JWRIGHT at mbakercorp.com
Tue Aug 13 15:25:02 CEST 2002

Is it possible to do this under FreeBSD 4.6 sorry I forgot to mention that.

thanks

>>> pnn at jhb.ucs.co.za 08/13/02 07:46AM >>>
[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Hello,

Make sure that you have framebuffer support built into your kernel, then
boot your machine using an option like
vga=794
in your /etc/lilo.conf.

You should then be able to play videos using mplayer -vo fbdev

You will probably want something like
mplayer -vo fbdev -vop scale=640:480 etc.

Most modern cards support framebuffer. My own tnt2 uses it with no
problems - actually quite cool  ;-)

HTH

Pierre