[MPlayer-users] ogg-seeking problem

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at pingu.ii.uj.edu.pl
Sun Aug 11 23:59:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 12:29:26AM -0400, gabor wrote:
> after some testing i've found out that when playing them back, sometimes
> lavc tells me there are broken frames... so maybe the distorsions were
> made by those broken frames and not by ogmmerge...

I don't think there were any broken frames. I've seen many .ogm movies,
and in all distorsion appears when seeking. There are 'broken frames'
messages as well - but only when seeking. If movie is played without
seeking, there are no 'broken frames' nor distorsion.

Btw, i find odivx codec sometimes more reliable then ffodivx when
playing xvid movies. With ffodivx sometimes (very rarely) distorsion
occurs, while with odivx it doesn't. I can send sample files next time
this happens if you want.

--
Piotrek  (@ ~)
Mors Drosophilis melanogastribus!