[MPlayer-users] Display card recommendations

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Sat Aug 10 04:55:02 CEST 2002

On Friday 09 August 2002 18:28, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> BTW: the open source "nv" driver also got Xv extension supported - so you
> can use this driver as well..

Last time I checked this was only supported for GF2 ...

> As for Matrox and ATI - those drivers are SEMI open source. Have you tried
> dual-head on Matrox? you'll need the closed source driver, and same goes
> for ATI radeon driver for openGL (not the DRI stuff)..

Dualhead for matrox G450 (and I'd guess others too) works just fine with the
opensource driver you get with current xfree86 cvs. X is a bit braindead
though so if you set xinerama you can't get DRI... definitely not matrox'
fault. But its true that the hal module is still needed for some things like
dvi/tv-out etc.