[MPlayer-users] What to do?

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Fri Aug 9 22:46:01 CEST 2002

I researched this thoroughly and couldn't find much of anything pertaining to
this particular issue.

Here's the issue, I have some avi files that are encoded at a pretty sucky
framerate, 12-15 fps, that I want to kick up to a decent frame rate, like at
least 24-25 fps.

The problem is that whenever I attempt to do this, I without fail am losing
synch with audio.

Is there a tip or trick that I can use to ensure that the a/v synch remains
constant?  Ultimately, I want to convert these to MPEG-1 and then VCD format
suitable for burning to disk.

Any hints, tips, or ponters would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  :-)

(PS, I have KMencoder, but the online help is hashed completely)

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered strange at
first."