[MPlayer-users] Display card recommendations

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Fri Aug 9 22:04:01 CEST 2002

Am Freitag, 9. August 2002 18:56 schrieb Arpi:

> be careful, no linux support for g450/g550's Tv-out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
> so, if you want tv with matrox, you have to bug a g400 somewhere.
> or choose any ATI card.

Yes I know ;) I'm studying this list for a ehile now, read a lot on
linuxtv.org and so on. But here in Germany there is no way to get such Matrox
card (G200 or 400)  There are only the new ones, mainly the parelia ( for
round abiout 450-500 Eur i think) So I said :
..
>>The Rage128 is in all I've heard the card to choose ,
> > because they are good for this purpose and cheap.
Here in Germany:
 XPert 2000 Pro OEM (Retail, TV-Out)   32 MB SDRAM
		Rage 128 Pro   AGP   42.00 EUR

  XPert 2000 Ultra OEM  (Bulk, TV-Out)   32 MB SDRAM
		Rage 128   AGP   44.00 EUR

Maybe there is any way to get a 8/16MB card cheaper than that. An for this
purpose , you don't need 3D or other big things, only an acceptable tv-out.
Hope vdr support such card as primary display soon (hopefully over
framebuffer, directfb or such things.

Hope I'm not totally wrong with my advices ...

Greets

Steffen
Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!