[MPlayer-users] Xvid Problem with Mplayer-0.90pre6

Daniel Osorio dosorio at videolocity.com
Fri Aug 9 20:40:02 CEST 2002

Hello, I'm having a problem with mplayer-0.90pre6 detecting the xvid
codec... Here's what I did; following the directions in the docs. I
first downloaded the latest Xvid snapshot form xvid.org then I compiled
the source, next I downloaded and installed the divx4linux package form
divx.com, I made sure that encore2.h and decore.h where copied to
/usr/local/include. I then ran the configure script with the
--with-xvidcore=/source/xvid_20020412/xvidcore/build/generic/libcore.a .
The configure script says It doesn't find XVID (print info from
configure script: "Checking for XviD ... no") when I play a movie
encoded with xvid it uses the ffmpeg libavcodec. Any help will be great
appreciated.

Danny