[MPlayer-users] Playing files from mounted shares

trewq trewq at delfi.lt
Fri Aug 9 17:26:01 CEST 2002

Hello
Sorry if my question will be stupid but .. It seems that mplayer has
problems palying divx files from remote mounted shares. I have tried
several films - it's the same thing .. audio video goes one .. and
sometimes stops for a short time ( like flickers or smthng like that).
It can't be my network problems because i am on 100 mbit lan and usualy
speed is 5-6 MB/s . To be certain about this i have tried watching the
same film from my cd and from mounted share. From cd everything goes
very smoothly, from network - no. I also tried watching film from
network with xine player ( just to test) , and everything is ok.
mplayer -v :
MPlayer CVS-020809-15:34-2.95.4 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron SF Spitfire (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx

My machine is Duron 750 with 448 mb ram and nvidia geforce2 MX 400 32 mb
I use 2.4.18 kernel, debian woody, nvidia drivers ( maybe it does matter
tha agp is turned off in my X11 because of the bug with nvidia and amd
irongate chip) , kde2

Any more information i could provide ?
Thanks for your time.