[MPlayer-users] mencoder - split divx file

Florian Unglaub f.unglaub at freenet.de
Fri Aug 9 13:39:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

I want to rip a DVD and make a Divx5 movie out of it. It is about 170
minutes long, so it won't fit on one CD after encoding with a good
quality. How can I make two avi files with the same size?

Another question:
I use the following commands to rip & encode:

mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc frameno -lameopts br=128:cbr -o frameno.avi
mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 -oac copy -o
film.avi
mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2 -oac copy -o
film.avi

The result is that the output hasn't the correct aspect of 16:9. Is it
possible that I do not have to correct it manually when watching it
(otherwise I have to start mplayer with "-aspect 16:9")?

Greetings from Germany,
Florian
--
Florian Unglaub	<f.unglaub at freenet.de>