[MPlayer-users] Encoding with ogg/vorbis

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Thu Aug 8 18:16:03 CEST 2002

Hello all.

I have looked in the man, the FAQ and the doc, but I haven't found the
following info: how can I encode the audio track of a file in ogg/vorbis?

I planned to do it that way: extract the audio from the avi file in mp3
format, then reencode it in ogg/vorbis, then put back the reencoding the
whole file, supplying it the ogg/vorbis audio with the -audiofile switch.

Is it possible to do it that way (or any other way, all I want is have a
file with less kb for audio and more kb for video ;^)

By the way, is there a way to estimate the increase in the video bit-rate
that this re-compression of the audio will grant?

Thanks.
See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE