[MPlayer-users] sorry for asking this

Alan Murrell silkbc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 15:22:02 CEST 2002

--- Carlos Estrada <lanixxx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> and this is what i get bash: rpmbuild: command not
> found

Sounds like rpmbuild is not installed.  If so, then
you need to find out which RH7.3 package has rpmbuild,
and install it.

> have is
> mplayer-0.90pre5-2.i686.rpm

In order to sucessfully rebuild, you need the SRPM.
It should be called something like:

mplayer-0.90pre5-2.src.rpm

Actually, in seeing this, I am thinking your ran the
rpmbuld command against the file you mentioned above??
 If so, I would first grab the SRPM file, and try
again (I would still try to make sure rpmbuild is
installed, though, to save yourself a possible
headache later).

HTH,

=====
--