[MPlayer-users] Re: Pause/Resume?

Andreas Mair amair at gmx.de
Wed Aug 7 13:39:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Yeah, would be nice to have...
> But this is a lot easier to do in VDR because it simply writes a
> "resume.vdr" file containing the last position to the directory
> where the movie is stored.

Well, MPlayer could do so too. Writing a <filename>.resume should be no
problem. Maybe it could save it in MPlayer's shared files folder, but I think
it should do that only if
a) the user asks to (e.g. via configure option)
b) it can't write to the played file's folder
c) it plays DVDs/VCDs
In that case those files should be delete someday...
On the other hand I wouldn't make it the default: there should be an option to
use this feature and to play from the beginning and to resume from the
previous stopped position.

> Doing this would be bit more difficult on a DVD ;-)

Sure, but not impossible ;-)

Regards,
Andreas