[MPlayer-users] DVD subtitle problem

Andreas Lange andreas.lange at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Aug 6 16:26:02 CEST 2002

Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Arpi writes:
>

>>afaik yes
>>at least in dvd players the overlay is always 720x576, while the video is
>>upscaled by teh decoder
>>

>OK, I have put this in spudec.c, it will either be 720x576 or 720x480
>(I suppose that this is needed for NTSC, anyone?)
>
>Kim Minh.

It works now, thank you very much!
I'll look tonight, if I can find another DVD with a non-720x576/720x480
video resolution to test.
One little thing: the video is played at its native 352x288 size and the
subs
downscaled into that. They look a little bit unsharp and are not so good
to read.
If I use -vop scale=720:576 it looks much nicer, but of course needs
more cpu...
Wouldn't it be better to scale the video?

Andreas Lange