[MPlayer-users] [minor cosmetical bug] Brightness & contrast reset with mga_vid on window move

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Aug 6 10:15:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

First, thankyou all developers for the best movie player ever!

I've noticed a small minor bug with mga_vid, if you set the brightness
and contrast to something other than the default, and then, either
change viewport/virtual desktop/whatever, or move the window, the
brightness/contrast gets reset to the default.
However, they snap back to the set ones if I make a minor adjustment to
either.
This minor bug does not take place with -vo xv, only -vo xmga.

Mplayer 0.90pre6, observed in pre5 too.
Kernel 2.4.18, XFree 4.1.0, Redhat 7.1
Sawfish window manager.

Steps to reproduce:

Start playback of any movie, with xmga output
increase brightness with 4 to something highly noticeable
move the movie window -> brightness snaps back to default