[MPlayer-users] mencoder and tv recording

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 08:35:02 CEST 2002

Hi

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:56:23PM -0700, Daryl Stimm wrote:
> I am tring to record tv shows with mencode and my
> wintv go tv card.  I am using the latest and greatest
> Mplayer version 0.90-pre6. this is the command I am
> using
>
> mencoder -tv
> on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:width=320:height=240:norm=NTSC:channel=55:chanlist=us-cable
> -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -o tree.avi
>
> it records but the color is all wacky and the sound is
> not sync'd up.

Probably it won't help you :( but anyway:
Try it again with different output formats (outfmt). I had some
similar problems but the example from the manpage worked for me
(rawi420). In addition I'm not sure if every format works, would
be nice if someone could take a deep look at the tv driver...
Another examples: The sound playback (not recording) starts (from
line in) but isn't deactivated at the end.
An .xawtv parser would be nice too.. :)

If someone of the developer is willing to work on the tv code, I
may be willing to donate a WinTV Go PCI tv card.

Regards
    Jonas