[MPlayer-users] GUI Bug Finally a definitive solution

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sat Aug 3 23:21:02 CEST 2002

The solution to the GUI Bug I proposed before doesn't
work as expected, at least if you don't ./configure
with the --enable-i18n option. (If you did compiled
with that option, your gmplayer should work)

If you didn't compile with --enable-i18n, you cannot
set the locale with mplayer, but gtkInit() is setting
it to your system default. That is causing the bug.

To test it put the line:
printf("before gtkInit: %0.3f\n\n\n",1.234);
before and
printf("after gtkInit: %0.3f\n\n\n",1.234);
 after the line with the gtkInit() (in my latest cvs,
it was the 53) in the file: main/Gui/mplayer/mplayer.c

If your system(or gnome) default has "," as your
decimal separator, you should experiment this
printing:
before gtkInit: 1.234
after gtkInit: 1,234

The solution it to automatically enable i18n if the
GUI is build.

Aside of that bug, the GUI-Preferences is really cool.