[MPlayer-users] DVD playing chapters seems broken....

Niklas scizzo at sector7.nu
Sat Aug 3 02:17:01 CEST 2002

I am using Debian with MPlayer 0.90pre5-2.95.4 and the install seemed to
work just fine....but there is something about the DVD stuff I can't
figure out.

I was about to play The Patriot that I have with Special Features and I
looked at the docs to see how I was suppose to play the movie without
playing the special features.....now....the problem is that when I do
the command line:

mplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-debvice /dev/dvd -chapter 1

It starts playing the feature stuff. Then I tried to change the chapter
to:

mplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-debvice /dev/dvd -chapter 2

Then it starts the movie but the chapter 2 of the movie. Then I tried to
look if I could start the movie with a different add to the -dvd:

mplayer -dvd 2 -dvd-debvice /dev/dvd

Starts the chapter 2 of the special features. Now I don't know if this
might be a bug or me just doing something wrong but when playing chapter
2 I have to start rewind it back to chapter 1 of the movie all the time.

Thanks for everything..

.Niklas