[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync Problem

Kiko Piris mplayer at pirispons.net
Fri Aug 2 10:52:01 CEST 2002

On 01/08/2002 at 23:53, Arpi wrote:
> what players (linux/win) are able to play it without a-v desync ?

Hi, I have a video that has exactly the same problem.

Is first of 2 parts of movie "Lord of The Rings" in spanish. I saw this
post:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-May/014946.html

describing exactly the same symptoms that I experienced.

I guess the file is this one :
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/%21under_checking/AVDesync/LOTR.avi

However if you want, I can upload some megs of my file.

Under Linux I've tried mplayer and xine with the same results (the a-v
desync).

Under Windows :
1.- Windows Media Player 6.4 (and also 7.1) play it OK
2.- DivX Player 2.0 Alpha 5 (the one that comes with the codec below) causes
the same desync.

With win32 DivX codec 5.0.2 downloaded from http://www.divx.com/divx/.

Please, let me know if you need more info.

Regards.

--
Kiko