[MPlayer-users] Re: GTK bug problem solved? YES IT IS!!

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Mon Apr 29 16:32:13 CEST 2002

Ok I figured it out .... I tried installing ONLY glib and gtk, so i
moved my local to local.old and started fresh compiling mplayer only
with --enable-gui and let autodetect do it all for me.. to my suprise it
worked .. so now to find out what program was causing all this crap, so
I moved my local.old back to local and did a quick make install ... it
still worked ... now that was odd. I dit the same ./configure
--enable-gui and installed .. still worked. So it had to be one of the
configure options. rather quickly i found out that, --disable-mencoder
is the bad guy. So if you want to use the GUI, do NOT disable mencoder.

Oliver, using latest mplayer at last : D

P.S. I didn't see it in the docs, but it seems mpdvdkit replaces
dvdread/dvdcss no?